Green Smoothie Base:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 2 Joolies Dates, pitted
- 1 serving Realm Tropical Greens Smoothie
- 3/4 – 1 cup of Better Than Milk Oat
- Holy Crap Cereal blueberry apple superseed mix
- Prep ahead of time. Peel and slice a banana to freeze. Pro tip: freeze the slices in an ice tray so they don’t clump together. Once they are frozen, then you can put them in a bag!
- You’ll need a blender. Depending on what blender you use, you may need to use a different frozen: liquid ratio. Always start with less liquid, you can always add more.
- Start with the frozen items. Add in the frozen banana and frozen mango.
- Next, add in spinach, dates and smoothie powder. Adding powder and seeds near the end prevents the seeds from getting stuck in the blade and potentially causing damage.
- Add that liquid last. It may not look like a lot but start with less.
- Put your top on the blender (and make sure it’s plugged in).
- Blend blend blend. If you have a tool to stir, that is super helpful. At this point, you can add more oat milk if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl. Smooth out your smoothie with a spoon.
- Top with banana, blueberry and holy crap mix.
- Dig right in!
Recipe courtesy of:
@cacaoforcoconuts_ on Instagram